12 Jan 2012

The Fear, revisited

My course materials arrived this afternoon.
I've been feeling particularly low recently, having a nasty dental infection and Jimmy's impending tonsillectomy. I was halfway through getting lunch when there was a knock at the door. I figured it was the chemist with all my tasty drugs, but no, it was Yodel with an enormous box.
Yodel man was a bit of a legend. He checked my name and then said "I have brought you an education".

So, I broke off my CLEAN ALL THE THINGS pre-surgery madness to open up my magic box of learning.

And promptly wished I hadn't.

See, it's a long module - 9 months for 60 credits. So this is the first two blocks, and I get a further four (FOUR???) in May.

My start date is the 4th of Feb. For the first week, they do a sort of online fresher's week, with less alcohol and casual sex. Basically, check you can use a computer (um, yes I can) and introduce you to the forums. "Oh hai dere, fellow learninzerz."

The first module starts on 11th Feb. And every week, there is a host of activities to do. There's a TMA per block and a whole bunch of iCMAs.
And an online project.
Nobody told me there was an online project.

Now, I work best on my own. This sounds bizarre, since all care work is done as part of a team. But I like to lead, and in teams where I am an underling, I get frustrated. I am, in essence, a bossy cow who always thinks she's right. So, I may piss off whichever poor souls I get in my group.

I'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

Meanwhile, back in reality, the boy's tonsils are being excised early in the morning. I am reaching the calm state that will power me through it, only to collapse on the other side from the withheld tension.
Once he's recovered from that, I'm going to see Cirque Du Soleil. I cannot WAIT! I'm going with my sister, a full day out without the children, and it will be epic. And since I've been and got a new pair of glasses, I will actually be able to see.
I have one badly long sighted eye, and one mildly short sighted, lazy eye. It's not as lazy as it was, when I was threatened with surgery, but it's still on the wonk. I get dizzy. And I cannot see the TV to play Skyrim. And that will never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment