25 Oct 2011

Practicalities

My OU funding got approved at long last and I finished registering to start my course. Woop woop. My start date is 4th February, which will come round quick once Christmas is out of the way.

Christmas, when childless, is an occasion to get presents and wasted. And you can do that WITH children, but not until you've made them believe that you are, in fact, an elderly, bearded fellow with a penchant for chimneys, and spent your entire year's savings on making sure that aforementioned bearded fellow has left them an impressive heap of presents. It's not all about the presents, it's about the magic. Magic is expensive. Who knew?
As my child quota doubled earlier this year, I have more Christmas to arrange than usual, but I'm actually really looking forward to it. It's my eldest's third christmas and the first where he'll be able to understand a little of what's going on, which is contributing to my Christmas-magic related anxiety.

Anyway, spurred forth by my OU acceptance and unusually healthy bank balance, I bought myself a spanky new Dell Inspiron all-in-one to work (and play Sims 3) on. *bounces up and down*. Now all I need is a computer chair and a printer and I'm GOOD.

Oh, and co-ordinated stationary, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment